Board/University: CBSE — Central Board of Secondary Education
About the book
Vk’s Economics has maintained a distinctive edge over most existing texts in the market. This is our modest claim based on robust acknowledgements from an ever growing readership across all parts of the country, besides several nations in the neighbourhood.
Novel Features of the Text
- It is SIMPLE,as we work hard on it.
- It is ILLUSTRATIVE, as we think deep on it.
- It is ORIGINAL,as we contemplate on it.
- It is UP-DATED, as we frequently debate upon it.
Plan of the Text
- Each chapter starts with a To Do list. It gives the central idea of the chapter and the way it has been addressed.
- Each chapter is divided into several sections corresponding to different components of the syllabus.
- Each chapter is splashed with HOTS. This is to promote clarity of the basics.
- Focus Zones in each chapter present a crux of the concepts.
- Blocks in each chapter include matter of special significance.
- Power Points and Revision Window offer a quick glance of the subject matter.
- ‘Exercise’ is tuned to the pattern of examination. Answers to important questions focus on the technique of writing. The exercise includes:
- objective type questions (remembering & understanding based questions), divided into nine sections: (a) multiple choice questions, (b) fill in the blanks, (c) true or false, (d) match the correct statements, (e) assertion and reason, (f) choose the correct alternative, (g) case-based questions, (h) data-based miscellaneous questions, (i) ‘very short answer’ objective type questions
- reason-based questions
- HOTS & applications
- analysis & evaluation
- CBSE questions (with answers or reference to the text for answers)
- NCERT questions (with hints to answers)
- miscellaneous and add-on questions (with hints or reference to the text for answers)
- Dos and Don’ts (at the end of each chapter) should serve as a safeguard against misinterpretation of the concepts.
- Ability Zone is a uniquely designed section at the end of the chapter. This raises the difficulty level, of course, but should serve as a useful material for the outstanding learners.
- Solved & Unsolved numericals are given to boost a grip on the subject.